With a canary rollout traffic is split between a main model, which receives a majority of traffic, and a new version, which is given a fraction of traffic until it is decided whether to promote the model. The features for this can be seen in full in the Demos section of the documentation under
Deploying, Load Testing and Canarying Seldon Core Servers. The key features in particular are:
1) A wizard to add a canary:
2) Visualizing metrics for both default and canary models:
3) Promotion of the Canary to be the main model.
4) GitOps integration for the whole process, so that all changes can be audited (see GitOps under Architecture)
5) Request logs include any requests that go to the canary, with the responses.